Click here to schedule a FREE consultation... Act Now

 Categories : News


The UK Border Agency (UKBA) has reiterated that anyone applying to live, work and study in the UK must have the required English language skills, and must be able to demonstrate this as part of their application.

From 9 November 2010 until 31 January 2011, the UKBA are conducting an exercise to produce a new list of approved test providers for migrants who must pass an English language test as part of their application to enter or remain in the UK:

  • under Tiers 1, 2 and 4 of the points-based system; or
  • as the partner of a British citizen or settled person.

Test providers can apply for inclusion on this list if their tests are suitable for migrants under any or all of the above immigration routes. The UKBA English language test providers web page explains how to apply and the criteria that test providers must meet.

The new list of providers will be in place for April 2011, and will replace all existing lists.

Before April 2011, the agency will publish full transitional arrangements for migrants who need to take or have already taken a test.

See also:

Government lays down plans to reform UK student visa system and launch public consultation

Government commission research on the ‘value UK overseas trade and investment in higher and further education and research’

Consultation on Tier 4 Student Visas announced by Home Office

Tier 2 arrangements for the January exceptional consideration panel for CoS release

If you need any immigration advice or help with Sponsorship or Work Permits, Visa, ILR/Settlement, Citizenship, dependant visa or an appeal against a refusal please email: or visit

4 Responses to “UKBA announce new list of approved English language test providers”
Read them below or add one


    Dear Sir,

    I am Alim Ahammad Haidary Tier4 student.Now i have finished Post Graduate Diploma course in Tourism and Hospitality Management.I have already finished one years ESOL course Scottish Qualification Authority.I have need any English Test,and Scottish Qualification
    Authority is acceptable by home office.Please can you inform me.

    Yours faithful
    Alim Ahammad Haidary

  2. […] UKBA announce new list of approved English language test providers […]


    Everyone utilize this Chance…..
    Work and Live in London must needed English language skills, and must be able to establish this as part of their application.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked by *.

You must beLogged in to post a comment.