Notice: wp_enqueue_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.0.) in /home/immigration/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4138
UK Border Agency drops charge for Certificate of Approval Scheme | Immigration Matters

Want to learn more about UK/EU Immigration Law? Click Act Now to learn more... Act Now

Call Us +44 7950 458 464 |
 Categories : News


With effect from 9 April 2009 the UK Border Agency has suspended the fee for Certificate of Approval applications.

Individuals making an application for a Certificate of Approval on or after this date will not be required to pay the fee. 

The fee has been suspended following the House of Lords judgment in the case of Baiai v the Secretary of State for the Home Department. 

In a statement the UK Border Agency said it is “carefully considering the implications for those who have already paid a fee and will shortly announce its policy in this respect”. 

If you need any immigration advice or help with Sponsorship or Work Permits, ILR, Visas or an appeal against a refusal please email:  or visit

Spread the Word, like or share this page, your friends will also love it and thanks for it.

Do you employ foreign workers? Don't risk a £20,000 fine and a possible custodial sentence. We can advice on Entrepreneur Visas, Investor Visas and Home Office sponsor licence compliance for your business. Use the button below to schedule an appointment...


Immigration Adviser, Speaker and Author See also: Profile - Profile:!/groups/14119859749/

7 Responses to “UK Border Agency drops charge for Certificate of Approval Scheme”
Read them below or add one

  1. You or your friend should seek advice from an OISC registered immigration adviser, Lawyer or the voluntary sector such as IAS (Immigration Advisory Service) However threatening them will not help you or your friend.

  2. to who it may cocern,
    my name is clare and i’m british. i met this very nice girl who come from mayritius. she had a though time in her country.Her dad abuse her when she was 11 yrs old. my mate never told no one as she grew up she was in constant fear because there was constant argument in the family her dad beat her mom and the kids. Her sister manage to come to england and got married and had kids here. she is british now. my mate came here five years ago because her parents wanted her to marry someone that she doesnt want too. she is hindu and wasnt allow to work have friends watch tv or wear nice clothes. she manage to come here five years ago. she was on a student visa and her sister’s husband tried to abuse her and when she told the sister what happen she kick her out. my poor friend didnt have money and was on the street. then an english guy took her in and abuse her cause she was vulnarable and a virgin.he was an alcoholic. she was cleaning for him cooking doing everything. she manage to run away from there with the help of his friend but it turn out that his mate wanted to sell her because she is pretty and will get loads of money. the place where she was living was with some english people who was talking to day they had a party and this is where my mate met his english young guy that she love. They been together for 5 years sometimes she come and live with me. her visa expired on the 31 october 2008 and hasn’t been able to renew it. it’s now that she is going to put it throught and hopefully been able to stay here. because she can’t go back. she will died and she is like a sister to me. please help her. why can’t the home office help this poor girl to get a job a place to stay and for her to stay with her boyfriend. she is happy now. all she is asking is for a visa that she can study.i dont understand why the home office take so much money to proceed with an aplication. she has never been convicted or anything like that. she is the best girl i have ever met and believe that you should accord her a permanent stay. she meet all the requirement. she hang around with english people and her writing is perfect. she is the best please help her. her family got british passport why can’t she. if you dont do nothing i’m going to write to all the newspaper, and if she commit sucide it will be your fault. her name is …….

  3. astinyutt says :

    that was their money making machine gun and with the current recession, not even a penny would be released to anyone

  4. astinyutt says :

    that was their money making machine gun and with the current recession, not a even a penny would be released to anyone

  5. Allancsn says :

    What do you think the chances of them givening back dated refunds to those who paid in the past.

  6. What is a Certificate of Approval?
    This is the Home Office definition:
    “If you plan to get married or register your civil partnership in the United Kingdom and you are subject to immigration control while in the United Kingdom, you may need to apply for a certificate of approval.”
    For further information on getting married in the UK whilst subject to immigration control see:

  7. elvira says :

    what is a Certificate of Approval means????

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked by *.

You must beLogged in to post a comment.