Notice: wp_enqueue_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.0.) in /home/immigration/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4138
Tier 2 and Tier 5 working visa applications available online | Immigration Matters

Want to learn more about UK/EU Immigration Law? Click Act Now to learn more... Act Now

Call Us +44 7950 458 464 |
 Categories : News


Migrant workers under Tiers 2 and 5 of the points-based system can apply and pay their application fees online if they are already in the UK, the UK Border Agency announced this week.

The new online application system is also available to these workers’ dependants who are in the UK and seeking permission to extend their stay (known as ‘further leave to remain’).

Applicants can use the online system to complete and submit their application, pay their application fee and (if they want to use our ‘premium service’) book an appointment at a public enquiry office.

It is not yet compulsory to apply online and you can still download and complete a paper application form.

The online application can be accessed through links on the UK Border Agency website.

You should read the relevant guidance and information for your immigration category in the Skilled workers or Temporary workers section of the website.

If your dependants are applying at the same time as you are, they do not need to create a separate customer account or submit a separate application.

If you experience technical problems while completing or submitting an online application, you can contact the Apply online e-Support team.

During your online application, you will be asked to state your previous address in the UK. If you have only lived at 1 UK address in the last 5 years, you should restate your current UK address and the period that you have lived there.

If you need to provide evidence of an English language test to support your application, please check the evidence specified in the List of approved English language test providers (PDF 346KB opens in a new window).

For full details on how to apply visit the appropriate section of the UK Border Agency’s website.  Source: UK Border Agency. 

Bulgarians and Romanians coming to the UK on Yellow Card registration permits to study and work should apply on the BR1 form.

See also:

7 tips for completing a Yellow Card BR1 application to work and study in the UK

New student visa rules announced today

UK Border Agency name and shame employers who employ illegal workers

Overseas students and workers can qualify for a tax refund

Immigration and visa fees to rise again

How will the new ‘minimum salary for residency’ proposals affect you?

Settlement in UK to be linked to a minimum salary of £31,000 says Immigration Minister

New fees for immigration and asylum appeals

If you need any immigration advice or help with Sponsorship or Work Permits, Visa, ILR/Settlement, Citizenship, dependant visa or an appeal against a refusal please email: or visit

Spread the Word, like or share this page, your friends will also love it and thanks for it.

Do you employ foreign workers? Don't risk a £20,000 fine and a possible custodial sentence. We can advice on Entrepreneur Visas, Investor Visas and Home Office sponsor licence compliance for your business. Use the button below to schedule an appointment...


Immigration Adviser, Speaker and Author See also: Profile - Profile:!/groups/14119859749/

4 Responses to “Tier 2 and Tier 5 working visa applications available online”
Read them below or add one

  1. […] Tier 2 and Tier 5 working visa applications available online […]

  2. sikirat says :

    How does the new salary affect me d 31,000. Am on tier2 visa and by November I wii send In my application for the remaining 2years.but my salary was 21,000 per year but I usually do some over time atleast in a year I end up having 32,000 per year.I worked as health care assistant in one of the nhs.please can you advice on what to do.thanks

  3. What does your solicitor say about it? Normally if the “respondent had wthdrawn original decision” you would expect to be granted a visa. However, they could look at the case again and come up with another ‘decision’ or reason to refuse.

  4. doreen munemo says :

    My children were refused entry clearance in south africa last September. My solicitor appealed and i got responses fromIAT with a Notice of Hearing and a Notice of Withdrawal.i called them and they confirmed “respondent had wthdrawn original decision” and the tribunal had accpted that the appeal had been withdrawn.what does this mean then.can the ECO put in another appeal on new grounds at this point.
    Thank u for the help

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked by *.

You must beLogged in to post a comment.