Notice: wp_enqueue_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.0.) in /home/immigration/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4138
New FLR Forms for Further Leave to Remain Applications | Immigration Matters

Want to learn more about UK/EU Immigration Law? Click Act Now to learn more... Act Now

Call Us +44 7950 458 464 |
 Categories : News Uncategorized


New FLO(O) forms, to be used after 27 November 2008, have been published by Uk Border Agency this week.


If you are making an application for Further Leave to Remain on or after 27 November 2008, you must use the new version (11/2008) of the FLR(O) form.


Full details and guidance on completing application form FLR(O) to extend your permission to stay (leave to remain) in the United Kingdom can be found on the UK Border Agency websiteFLR(O) forms are used to extend leave to remain for the following:



  • visitor (applying for permission to extend stay for up to a total of six months)
  • visitor undergoing private medical treatment
  • postgraduate doctor or dentist
  • au pair
  • representative of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation
  • private servant in a diplomatic household
  • domestic worker in a private household
  • overseas government employee
  • minister of religion, missionary, or member of a religious order
  • visiting religious worker or religious worker in a non-pastoral role
  • airport-based operational staff of an overseas-owned airline
  • person with United Kingdom ancestry
  • writer, composer or artist
  • overseas qualified nurse or midwife
  • dependant of member of HM Forces who is exempt from immigration control

You should also read the FLR(O) guidance notes before applying or take legal advice from a registered Immigration Adviser with specialist knowledge of the rules on leave to remain, visas or Work Permits before applying, as the Home Office will not refund your fee if they refuse your application or you withdraw it. Mistakes can be costly and could lead to losing your status in the UK.


For the latest immigration news visit

If you need immigration advice or help with Leave to Remain, Visa or an appeal against a refusal please email us at:

Spread the Word, like or share this page, your friends will also love it and thanks for it.

Do you employ foreign workers? Don't risk a £20,000 fine and a possible custodial sentence. We can advice on Entrepreneur Visas, Investor Visas and Home Office sponsor licence compliance for your business. Use the button below to schedule an appointment...

2 Responses to “New FLR Forms for Further Leave to Remain Applications”
Read them below or add one

  1. Dear sir/madam
    my name is Dipen parekh. i am a student as tier 4. can i have apply for Discretionary leave to remain visa category. i living here since june 2009. i want to change visa category. so is it possible for me .

    pls reply me.


  2. Muhammad Amir Qureshi says :

    My daughter wa born in November 2008 and I want to apply for her visa as dependent on her Mother who is Pakistani national and working as teacher on work permit in UK. Would my daughter apply on FLRO Form or any other form.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked by *.

You must beLogged in to post a comment.