We had an enquiry today about student finance for an 18 year old child – who has been here since age 3 – and has discretionary leave to remain. Here is the good news in re Beaurish Tigere (subject to the Habitual Residency Test)…
A school-leaver who was denied a student loan has succeeded in overturning a blanket ban – related to immigration status – on funding for higher education.
The supreme court decision could pave the way for hundreds of other young people who are settled in Britain and have been to school in this country to carry on to higher education.
Immigration Matters is the leading free online immigration information resource – the “go to” place for immigration matters.
- If you have been detained
- Need any immigration advice
- You are worried about the ever changing immigration rules
- Need help with your Sponsor obligations
- Need Tier 2 and Tier 4 advice
- Applying for university if your college has closed down
- Visitor, Spouse and Settlement visas
- ILR, Citizenship
- Dependant Visa
- Advice against a Home Office decision
- British Embassy refusal or
- You have been waiting for a reply from the Home Office for longer than a year, then…