Notice: wp_enqueue_script was called incorrectly. Scripts and styles should not be registered or enqueued until the wp_enqueue_scripts, admin_enqueue_scripts, or login_enqueue_scripts hooks. Please see Debugging in WordPress for more information. (This message was added in version 3.3.0.) in /home/immigration/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4138
How to bring your dependants to the UK | Immigration Matters

Want to learn more about UK/EU Immigration Law? Click Act Now to learn more... Act Now

Call Us +44 7950 458 464 |
 Categories : News Uncategorized


Most Filipino Nurses and other overseas workers would like their spouse and children to join them here in the UK, but are unaware of how to process the application and the rules concerning family settlement.

Your family member will need to obtain a visa from an Entry Clearance Officer at the British Embassy and Consulates in Manila.

Who may join you?

  • Spouses
  • Children under 18

Who may not join you?

Other relatives, such as

  • Brothers / Sisters
  • Parents
  • Children over 18.

What are the requirements?

The rules for spouses are detailed, but basically, you must satisfy the Entry Clearance Officer that:

  • the applicant is married to a person with limited leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom
  • each of the parties intends to live with the other as his or her spouse during the applicant’s stay and the marriage is subsisting; and
  • there will be adequate accommodation for the parties and any dependants without recourse to public funds in accommodation which they own or occupy exclusively; and
  • the parties will be able to maintain themselves and any dependants adequately without recourse to public funds; and
  • the applicant does not intend to stay in the United Kingdom beyond any period of leave granted to his spouse; and
  • if seeking leave to enter, the applicant holds a valid United Kingdom entry clearance for entry in this capacity or, if seeking leave to remain, was admitted with a valid United Kingdom entry clearance for entry in this capacity.

Apart from the financial side, one of the main thing you will have to prove is that you have somewhere to live which is exclusively yours. In other words your own flat or room, not nurses accommodation on hospital grounds!

Application for visas may be obtained from the British Embassy Website or you can download a dependant’s request form from:

Can my Spouse Work?

Yes they can! The good news is that they can do any job.

Is my spouse tied to my work permit?

Yes they are, so you better stay together!

Araceli (pictured with her Husband and two children) came to the UK (through Bison Management UK ( in 2001 from Saudi Arabia to do her adaptation in Feldon Croft Rehabilitation Centre. Her husband, Arnell, initially stayed in Suadi Arabia and joined her in 2003. Bison Management UK helped him get a job as a maintenance man at a local nursing home. When they got themselves established and had moved into their own accommodation, Bison Management UK helped them to bring their two children to the UK where they now attend the local primary School in Watford. Araceli is obviously overjoyed that the family is now reunited again. She said “I am so happy to have my family with me and the children are settling in well at the local primary school”.

If you should have any questions concerning the above please send an email to, visit or call 0870 041 4658.

Spread the Word, like or share this page, your friends will also love it and thanks for it.

Do you employ foreign workers? Don't risk a £20,000 fine and a possible custodial sentence. We can advice on Entrepreneur Visas, Investor Visas and Home Office sponsor licence compliance for your business. Use the button below to schedule an appointment...

7 Responses to “How to bring your dependants to the UK”
Read them below or add one

  1. K. Fernandez says :

    hah! my dad’s in UK… but i smell some infidelities around him that can possibly be the reason why he doesn’t want us to be with him.. well, i don’t care… i just need to get rid of the girl…

  2. I share a two bedroom flat with my brother and my wife was refused entry cleanrance on the grounds that i do not own or occupy accomodation exclusively

  3. jennifer mendoza says :

    I want my 15 yrs old daughter to join with me here in UK by April 2010.I am working in the UK for 3 and half year now.My visa will expire on november 2010 but will apply for settlement. I am separated with my husband since 2004.can you please advise me on how to start processing my daughter’s papers to join me here.What are the requirements and what am i gonna do?thanks

  4. Follow up with the AIT

  5. as i have refused twice for UK student visa then i have appealed in the tribunal service past 1 year have been passed still i have not got any answer plz help me

  6. There are thousands of courses you can take in the UK. What do you want to do?

  7. carolina gutual says :

    I am carolina gutual, 30 yrs old, married. I want to study in UK but im not graduated on caregiver, i am graduated of BS Computer Science. What course I need to take to study in UK? Thanks

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked by *.

You must beLogged in to post a comment.