Most Filipino Nurses and other overseas workers would like their spouse and children to join them here in the UK, but are unaware of how to process the application and the rules concerning family settlement.
Your family member will need to obtain a visa from an Entry Clearance Officer at the British Embassy and Consulates in Manila.
Who may join you?
- Children under 18
Who may not join you?
Other relatives, such as
- Brothers / Sisters
- Children over 18.
What are the requirements?
The rules for spouses are detailed, but basically, you must satisfy the Entry Clearance Officer that:
- the applicant is married to a person with limited leave to enter or remain in the United Kingdom
- each of the parties intends to live with the other as his or her spouse during the applicant’s stay and the marriage is subsisting; and
- there will be adequate accommodation for the parties and any dependants without recourse to public funds in accommodation which they own or occupy exclusively; and
- the parties will be able to maintain themselves and any dependants adequately without recourse to public funds; and
- the applicant does not intend to stay in the United Kingdom beyond any period of leave granted to his spouse; and
- if seeking leave to enter, the applicant holds a valid United Kingdom entry clearance for entry in this capacity or, if seeking leave to remain, was admitted with a valid United Kingdom entry clearance for entry in this capacity.
Apart from the financial side, one of the main thing you will have to prove is that you have somewhere to live which is exclusively yours. In other words your own flat or room, not nurses accommodation on hospital grounds!
Application for visas may be obtained from the British Embassy Website or you can download a dependant’s request form from: www.overseasconsultancy.com
Can my Spouse Work?
Yes they can! The good news is that they can do any job.
Is my spouse tied to my work permit?
Yes they are, so you better stay together!
Araceli (pictured with her Husband and two children) came to the UK (through Bison Management UK (www.recruitnurse.com) in 2001 from Saudi Arabia to do her adaptation in Feldon Croft Rehabilitation Centre. Her husband, Arnell, initially stayed in Suadi Arabia and joined her in 2003. Bison Management UK helped him get a job as a maintenance man at a local nursing home. When they got themselves established and had moved into their own accommodation, Bison Management UK helped them to bring their two children to the UK where they now attend the local primary School in Watford. Araceli is obviously overjoyed that the family is now reunited again. She said “I am so happy to have my family with me and the children are settling in well at the local primary school”.