If you are marrying a Filipino getting them visa to enter your country is not the only step you need to take your partner out of the Philippines.
You may be surprised to learn that you Asia bride or husband must comply with new requirements or they will be prevented from leaving the country.
The website states:
As Filipinos going abroad as fiancé(e)s, spouses or other partners of foreign nationals, you are required to attend the CFO’s guidance and counseling session in order to secure the Guidance and Counseling Certificate (GCC) and the CFO sticker. You need this certificate to renew or apply for a new passport at the Department of Foreign Affairs (per Department of Foreign Affairs Order Nos. 11-97 Implementing Rules and Regulations for Republic Act 8239, “Philippine Passport Act” and 28-94). You will also need to present this certificate together with your spouse/partner visa, at the Immigration office at the international airport on your day of departure.
To attend the seminar, you may proceed to either two of CFO’s service providers: the St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation-Center for Overseas Workers (SMEF-COW) or the People’s Reform Initiative for Social Mobilization, Inc. (PRISM).
You will have to bring with you the required documents to be accommodated in the counseling seminar. The counseling session runs for a minimum of two hours and is meant to provide you with adequate information regarding inter-marriage and migration, the cultural and social realities abroad as well as available support networks for women in distress, among others.
After you comply with all the requirements and finish the counseling session, you will be given the Certificate of Attendance by SMEF-COW or PRISM which you will have to bring along with other pertinent documents, to the CFO, for registration. Once you already have your valid passport and spouse/partner visa, then you have to register with the CFO. You will then be issued the GCC as well as the CFO Sticker.
- The CFO and SMEF-COW have offices in Metro Manila and Metro Cebu. PRISM is in Metro Manila only. Visit the offices where it is most convenient.
- Please check the schedule of the counseling session before proceeding to SMEF-COW or PRISM because it is country-specific and the slots are only limited. It is on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- You may avail of the Guidance and Counseling Session even while you are still processing or waiting for your visa. If such is the case, you will only be issued the GCC. Once your visa is released, you will return to CFO to continue with your registration. The CFO sticker will then be affixed on your passport.
- You will pay a fee totaling PhP 650.00. The PhP 250.00 is paid as counseling fee at SMEF-COW or PRISM while the PhP 400.00 is for registration at the CFO.
Requirements for Registration
1. Original and photocopy of Passport;
2. Original and photocopy of visa;
3. Original and photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary for US bound/ Confirmation of Permanent Residence for Canada bound/ Certification of Eligibility (for Japan-bound);
4. Original CFO guidance and counseling certificate;
5. Duly completed emigrant registration form; and
6. Payment of the authorized registration fee.
Requirements for Attendance to Guidance and Counseling Program
1. Two (2) valid identification cards (IDs) with photograph;
2. Duly completed guidance and counseling form;
3. If married, certified true copy and photocopy of marriage contract on security paper from the National Statistics Office, or Local Civil Registry Offices; or original and photocopy of marriage contract duly authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/ Consulate (if married abroad)
4. Other documents as may be required by the counselors; and
5. Payment of P250.00 counseling fee
Immigration Matters has received reports of couples missing their flights after being stopped at Manila airport for not having the required sticker.
Foreign partners will also need to present their documents at their nearest Philippine Embassy for ‘authentication’.
If you need any immigration advice or help with Sponsorship or Work Permits, Visa, ILR/Settlement, Citizenship, dependant visa or an appeal against a refusal please email: